Green Building Consultant - Part Time
Overview: Under limited supervision and using considerable latitude for independent judgment the Green Building Consultant will work with private sector project teams seeking to achieve an Austin Energy Green Building rating.
Contact Information4301 Westbank Drive, Building A, Suite 300 Austin, Texas, United States Austin
Contact Name: Lauran McClure
E-mail: send an e-mail
Act as the Austin Energy Green Building representative for the project design and construction teams
Guide project teams through the AEGB rating process
Review design documents and construction submittals to ensure compliance with AEGB rating requirements
Research and evaluate systems and products to ensure compliance with green building measures
Provide recommendations to project teams to improve building performance
Perform site visits to verify compliance with AEGB rating requirements
Coordinate meetings, tasks and reviews with internal AEGB partners
Communicate project status to AEGB partners and project team members
Communicate project status to supervisor
• Background and experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Experience with, and a thorough understanding of, the Austin Energy Green Building Commercial Rating system or the LEED BD+C rating system.
• Ability to work effectively with the AEGB on-line rating system
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in the design, construction or evaluation of commercial green buildings, including experience with multiple building uses, different technologies and products, commissioning, and energy analysis.
• Ability to effectively and comprehensively communicate requirements, interpretations, and project status to project teams
• Ability to collaborate effectively with internal partners, and work effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams
• Ability to perform consulting and rating management duties with minimal supervision